Submission to the Georges River Draft LSPS
The Urban Development Institute of Australia – NSW Division (UDIA) welcomes the opportunity to provide a submission into the exhibition of the Draft Georges Local Strategic Planning Statement (DLSPS). Our members have been involved in all major urban renewal and greenfield projects for the past fifteen years in Sydney, including developments in the Georges River LGA.
- The LGA’s special characteristics are retained
- Growth is supported by green open space, social and physical infrastructure
- Growth areas are linked to transport corridors and frequent services
- Kogarah and Hurstville are enhanced as strategic centres
- All centres have a role in jobs and housing growth
- A hierarchy of residential zones is developed
UDIA NSW actively represents the industry’s interests so that urban development can be undertaken positively in NSW. We advocate for access to land for development, encourage the creation of a positive regulatory environment and an equitable system of taxation and charges on consumers, all with the aim of creating amazing urban environments. We believe in supporting our members and the government collaborating to create affordable, sustainable, and liveable communities ...