The funding will deliver essential upgrades to the platform, including:
- expanding the digital services to improve integration between councils, state agencies and the Department;
- developing and implementing a service to allow applicants to lodge planning proposals in addition to DAs and process payments online;
- allowing the Land and Environment Court access to the system to assess and determine applications before the court;
- providing guidance, training and technical support to councils to get them on the system;
- developing comprehensive reporting and analytics to track progress; and
- upgrading the system to support increased demand.
On 1 July 2020 all Councils across Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Illawarra will be required to start accepting and processing DAs, complying development certificates and post-consent certificates via the NSW Planning Portal.
It will be mandatory for all greater metropolitan councils to process all applications via ePlanning by the end of 2020.
The remaining councils must process all applications through the NSW Planning Portal by 1 July 2021.
To ask UDIA NSW a question or to let us know more, please use the form below:
Oops! We could not locate your form.