UDIA NSW initiated a President’s Taskforce on Infrastructure Contributions Reform to lead the industry response to the 29 recommendations contained in the Review of Infrastructure Contributions in New South Wales by NSW Productivity Commissioner Peter Achterstraat AM.
This taskforce drew in cross sectional expertise from the membership, comprising developers, consultants and Local Government, with experts who were focused on infrastructure planning & development delivery. The Taskforce developed Working Groups, modelled in line with those of Department of Planning, Industry & Environment (DPIE) to advise on the technical aspects of the proposed reform.
To assist the implementation of these reforms, the Taskforce developed eight policy papers.
- District Service Plans (DSP)
- Regional Infrastructure Contributions (RIC)
- Works in Kind Credits (WiK)
- Land Value Contributions (LVC)
- Review of the Processes for State Funded Growth Infrastructure
- Council Borrowing and Pooling of Funds
- Adopting Transport Contributions for Major Projects
- Transition Arrangements