Council Infrastructure Funding Performance Monitor FY22UDIA's Council Infrastructure Funding Performance Monitor FY22 finds that:
- Across 42 Councils of the Sydney Megaregion, $3.2 Billion is being held from development contributions for enabling infrastructure, open space, community facilities, and more. This has increased 46% in the last 6 years.
- Temporary investment to bring forward the delivery of critical infrastructure is not sufficient to achieve long term improvements to the system.
Apartment Supply Pipeline Report 2022UDIA's Apartment Supply Pipeline Report 2022 includes:
- An overview of the current state of the NSW apartment market
- A survey of Apartment developers to understand the constraints holding back high-rise developments, of which 92% reported at least one constraint impacting supply
- An outline of apartment supply in the future pipeline, which is inadequate to reverse the growing apartment backlog in NSW, potentially reaching as high as 60,000 in the next 2 years
- Policy recommendations to address the severe housing shortage
Greenfield Land Supply Pipeline Report 2022UDIA's survey of greenfield developers revealed the constraints holding back development across the Sydney Megaregion (Illawarra to the Lower Hunter). It outlined the significance of getting a pipeline of development ready land in important greenfield growth areas, and the ramifications on affordability and accessibility if the undersupply issue is not addressed quickly. Key Findings
- 89% of lots expected in the next 8-year pipeline are not 'development ready'
- There are over 20,000 lots of undersupply expected to cumulate by FY30
- Developers identified Sewer Infrastructure as impacting more lots across the Megaregion than any other constraint