1. BSBPMG409 Apply project scope-management techniques
2. BSBPMG410 Apply project time-management techniques
3. BSBPMG411 Apply project quality-management techniques
4. BSBPMG412 Apply project cost-management techniques
5. BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management techniques
6. BSBPMG414 Apply project information management and communications techniques
7. BSBPMG415 Apply project risk-management techniques
8. BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures
9. BSBPMG418 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
How to Enrol
Download, complete and return the enrolment form and send it to UDIA NSW along with a copy of two forms of identification. After your enrolment has been checked and processed you will receive a confirmation of enrolment, along with your pre-admission information pack outlining student policies and procedures. You'll also receieve a calendar of important dates and login details to the student portal.
The fundamentals of project management are critical and relevant for any role. These fundamentals, along with the expert insights and real workplace context provided in this course are essential for those looking to develop or sharpen their project management skills in the property development industry.
Catherine Maude, General Manager, Marketing and Community Capital Bluestone
The Cert IV Project Management Course allowed me to expand my professional skills and learn about an emerging and ever-changing industry. I am now applying my new skills in my current role.
David White, The City of Sydney
I thoroughly enjoyed the course, and learnt so many things specific to my role that I have used already! It has also inspired me to continue learning. I recommend this course for my colleagues in property, particularly those hoping to move into development or project management roles. The skills taught in this course are critical and relevant for any role. Partnered with the expert insights and industry specific examples this course is essential for those looking to develop their project management skills.
Fiona Kulak, Community Liaison Manager